I’m trying to input data for a variety of avian visual systems that we have collected in our lab, with the end goal of comparing the amount of color map overlap for each visual system using the flower example image you provide. I created .csv files with receptor sensitivity data that is in the same format as the .csv files that come with the toolbox (e.g. Blue Tit 300-700), but when I run micaToolbox they are not recognized. The same goes for the Weber fraction files (although this isn’t such a big deal). I looked through the micaToolbox website and I can’t find out what I’m missing (self-proclaimed ImageJ novice….not surprised if I’m missing something here). Can you please tell me how to do this? I’d really appreciate your help.
P.S. I even tried just replacing the data within the files provided by micaToolbox, but when I run the QPCA there is no difference in the results between the different sets of data, so it obviously hasn’t used what I put in. Please help!
As a first check – try opening the .csv files you’ve made in ImageJ and see what the format looks like (it should open as a “results” table, and the layout should match the existing files). Make sure when you save the .csv (e.g. in excel) that you specify “comma delineated” and not “tab-delineated”.
Hi, Ok. What system are you running the toolbox on? Have you tried closing and re-opening ImageJ? If you continue having issues, please send me your file and I will see if I can reproduce the error. Thank you for your patience!
I found the problem and it was completely my fault! I’m sorry. Turns out that the plugins, where I had my files were on a previously installed version of ImageJ that I had on my computer. I put the files into the correct plugin folder of the new ImageJ I’ve been using and they showed up in the toolbox. I really am sorry about this and I really appreciate your help. Again, ImageJ newbie, so I apologize profusely!
Glad you got it solved! No need to apologise. That’s what this place is for =)
Thank you for responding. I opened up the files I made in ImageJ as you suggested and they look identical to the format in the existing .csv files incorporated into the toolbox (i.e. Blue Tit 300-700). They open as a results table in ImageJ. The files are showing the exact same extension type as the toolbox .csv in windows file explorer and the file manager/open window in ImageJ. They are located in the same folder as the provided receptor cone mapping .csv files. I even tried to call them up in the toolbox again (Camera Calibration –> Generate Cone Mapping Model from Spectral Sensitivities) and they don’t show up as an option that you can select.